Here’s What you Need to Clean your Oven Without Toxic Cleaners:
- bicarb soda
- vinegar in a spray bottle
- clean, damp cloth
- dry microfibre cloth
- elbow grease
How to Green Clean Your Oven:
- Remove the trays and shelves, as these need to be washed by hand, and wipe out (or vacuum out!) the loose crumbs and crap on the bottom of the oven.
- Sprinkle the inside of the oven door liberally with bicarb, and a little on the inside of the oven itself.
- Spray the whole internal surface of the oven liberally with the vinegar, as well as inside the door. You’ll see the bicarb fizz and bubble.
- Leave for 15-30 minutes.
- Use the damp cloth to wipe the inside of the oven thoroughly. You will need to rinse the cloth out multiple times.
- Use the cloth then to scrub the glass inside the oven door. This is where the sticky build-up is worst, and it will take a bit of elbow grease to lift the grime off.
- Once the glass is clean, rinse the cloth thoroughly and wipe out the inside of the oven.
- Use the dry microfibre cloth to clean up any excess and clean the glass.
- Use the microfibre cloth to wipe over the front of the oven, removing fingerprints, drips and smudges.